SKU: Standard Welded Wire Panels
Our welded wire mesh panels are galvanised wire to give them a protective coating, shielding them from corrosion and rust. These wire mesh panels can be used for a wide range of applications, including:
- Security cages
- Security fencing
- Metal Fencing
- Dog fencing
- Animal enclosures - such as Chicken Coops
- Bird cages
- Pet hutches
- Cat fences
- Pond covers or protection
- Garden fencing
Due to the galvanisation process, the metal fencing can sometimes have a rough texture, the larger the gauge of the panel the more prominent these areas of excess galv will be. This should be taken into consideration when purchasing for certain applications. Get in touch if you would like any further information or guidance.
Our newest panel is our 6 gauge premium 8x4ft panel with 2" holes, this is over twice as thick as our standard panel and it ideal for security fencing applications, animal enclosures and as pond covers.
Finishes available include:
- Premium: galvanised after welding - 3 times the amount of protective coating! Check out our Premium wire mesh panels here.
- Standard: galvanised before welding
More information on these finishes is available in the Technical Information section.
Our wire mesh panels are perfect to use with our:
All our wire mesh panels are hot-dipped galvanised, which is where the steel is coated with a protective coating to help the steel resist corrosion and rust.
- Our Standard range of wire mesh panels are hot-dipped galvanised before welding, meaning that each individual wire is galvanised and then welded together to form the panel. This is a more economical process; however, it does carry a small risk that the welding process may remove a small amount of the galvanised coating.
- Our Premium wire mesh panels are galvanised after welding, meaning that there is 100% coverage and no chance of any part of the panel not having the protective coating.
However please bear in mind that any cuts made into the steel may rust where the new metal is exposed, please ensure to protect these cut ends with galvanised spray or paint.
Wire gauges sizes – 12 gauge wire is approx. 2.5mm thick / 10 gauge wire is approx. 3mm thick / 6 gauge wire is approx. 4.5mm thick
We advise that you wear gloves when handling these wire mesh panels.
Features & benefits:
- Choice of galvanised pre-weld, galvanised after weld and hot-dip galvanised
- Different apertures, thicknesses and sizes to suit different needs
- Strong, long-lasting and corrosion-resistant performance
- Available as Standard or Premium panels (more in Technical Information)
- Versatile and can be used for a wide range of projects, such as security fencing, animal fencing, and many other applications.