Tornado C8/80/15 Mild Steel Stock Fencing
(SKU: Tornado Mild Steel Stock Fencing C8/80/15)
Features and benefits
- Does not need to be tensioned as tight as the high tensile option
- Ideal for fences with gradual turns and/or backed by hedges
- Cost-effective barrier that is easy to install
- Available is 50m and 100m rolls
- British Made
Frequently bought together
Tornado Mild steel livestock fencing the UK’s market leader in agricultural, forestry and equestrian fencing Made in the UK, this 0.8m stock fencing is available in 50m and 100m rolls and has 8 horizontal steel wires, with a vertical wire spacing of 15cm.
C8/80/15 is the most commonly used mild steel stock fence. Mild steel does not need to be strained as tightly as the high tensile variant and gradual turns can be made off intermediate posts. This is particularly useful if you need to make a lot of turns in your fence.
Why choose mild steel stock fencing?
Mild steel stock-proof fencing is traditionally used by farmers to contain their livestock. Largely replaced by high tensile wire, it does, nevertheless, still have its place for some applications.
Mild steel does not need to be strained as tightly as the high tensile variant and gradual turns can be made off intermediate posts. This is particularly useful if you need to make a lot of turns on your fence.
Where your fencing is supported by background hedges, mild steel fencing from Tornado can make a cost effective barrier that is easy to install.
Can you tell me more about the hinge joint knot?
The Hinge Joint knot from Tornado features a traditional joint for woven wire fencing. The Hinge Joint knot is cost-effective and can be cranked or turned out for special applications.
For more information regarding Tornado Wire products, please contact us on 01376 503869 and one of our friendly advisors will be able to help you.
Our Tornado Fencing is perfect to use with our:
- Height - 0.8 meters
- Number of horizontal line wires - 8
- Vertical stay line wire spacing - 15cm
- Top & bottom wire line spec - 3mm dia 695-850 N/mm2
- Intermediate & vertical wire line spec - 2.5mm dia 695-850 N/mm2
- Average roll weight 50m Roll - 32Kg
- Average roll weight 100m Roll - 64Kg
Compliance with British and European Standards:
- BSEN 10218 - Steel Wire and Wire Products Part 2 - General Wire Dimensions and Tolerances
- BSEN 10223 - Steel Wire and Wire Products for Fencing and Netting Part 5 - Steel Wire Woven Hinged Joint and Knotted Mesh Fencing
- BSEN 10244 - Steel Wire and Wire Products Non-Ferrous Metallic Coatings on Steel Wire Part 2 - Zinc or Zinc Alloy Coatings (all Tornado products galvanised to class A)
A straining post is required at every major change in direction or any termination and should be supported by a strut or box assembly. Netting should be tied off on the straining posts by hand or with suitable joiners. When tensioning the fence the ‚crimp‚ in the net should be reduced by approx: 50%. Avoid driving staples tight against the wire as this will damage the galvanised coating. Two strands of barbed wire or a single electrified wire can be added to the top of the fence.