Fencing Wire Tensioning Ratchets
Features and benefits
- Galvanised wire ratchets are fully protected to resist corrosion and rust
- Used to tension straining line wire to keep fencing taut
Galvanised wire tensioning ratchets are used to tension the straining line wire for stock fencing, wire fencing and plastic mesh fencing.
These fencing ratchets are designed to be fixed as part of straining line wire and tied securely to the straining post at one end using a length of line wire and which is wrapped around the anchor post. The line wire is then fed into the ratchet's hole and through the second hole in the spindle. The wire is then pulled taut and the excess wire is then cut-off. A spanner is then used to turn the spindle, causing the wire to be tensioned and the excess wire to wrap around the spindle. The spindle has teeth so that when under tension, the spindle cannot rewind. This is how the ratchets ensure that straining line wire will remain tensioned.
Using these ratchets will ensure that the wire mesh fencing or plastic fencing mesh can then be clipped to the straining line wire using hog ring clips and pliers.
- Manufactured from steel that has been galvanised to protect it from rust and corrosion
- Ideal for use with straining line wire in stock fencing, wire fencing and plastic fencing
- Ratchet size - 95mm x 30mm x 20mm