Treated Railway Sleeper | 2.4m x 200mm x 100mm | Softwood
- Dimensions: 2.4m x 100mm x 200mm
- Weight: 20kg
- Tanalised treated softwood to offer protection against damp and rot.
- Part number: 992848
- IMPORTANT: Couriers require 2 people for assistance offloading due to weight and you MUST be home for delivery.
- Standard delivery is available.
- Click & Collect - you'll be contacted when ready
- No collections are available on Sundays.
- No-hassle 30 day returns policy.
Traditional Green Treated Softwood Railway Sleepers are large, sawn cut rectangle sleepers. These attractive, new sawn sleepers tend to have straighter edges than reclaimed timber sleepers which makes them easier to stack.
All of our sleepers are green tanalised treated, which is a treatment that ensures a deep penetration of the wood preservative into the timber cells. This provides long-lasting protection against fungal decay, insect attack and rotting caused by water for up to 15 years. Tanalised wood has a green colouration initially which will fade to a honey brown and finally to a silvery grey. However, if you would prefer, these sleepers can be easily stained to suit your needs.
It is possible to cut the sleepers using a circular saw, chainsaw or a handsaw - please bear in mind that any newly exposed cut surfaces will need treating with a wood preservative.
Please note that due to the size of these items, the couriers may require assistance during delivery.
- Lawn, Paver, Patio, Parterres, Vegetable Garden & Driveway Edging.
- Decorative & Practical Raised Beds & Planters for Growing Vegetables, Herbs and Flowers in a Kitchen Garden.
- Garden Furniture and Decoration such as Tables, Benches & Outdoor Seats for Landscape Design ideas.
- Decks, Terraces & Walkways.
- Retaining Walls.
- Garden Steps and Paths.
- Upright Solid Fencing.
- Sandpits for Children
We wouldn't advertise these Sleepers for such a use, without professional advice, however we know that our Sleepers have been used to create a SWIMMING POOL also!
Features & Benefits:
- Cost-effective alternative to oak or other hardwood timber
- Green tanalised treated wood that will last many years without rotting
- Available from stock for fast delivery or free collection
- Please note that the 2.4m sleepers are very heavy - for large pallets, offload facilities will be required or assistance may be required for our delivery drivers to offload. Please contact us for further details.
- Green tanalised treated softwoods (including Pine, Spruce + Larch)
- Please note these are very large and sizes may vary from those stated by up to 10mm
- Please note, sleepers may be affected in transit/with the courier. Spray paint can be present (we ask this is avoided) on one side of the sleeper. This shouldn't affect the usage of the product - if a side has spray paint, this can be used in a way where the paint is covered/out of sight. We will not replace any sleepers in such a condition - as we cannot guarantee they will be any different.
- Any concerns on the condition of sleepers should be communicated with us ASAP - please DO NOT accept the delivery if you are unable to use the product as planned - they will be returned to us.
- As these Softwood Sleepers are a natural product, waney edges, splits, large splinters and a variety of shades are to be expected. They are full of character and give an environment a rustic but authentic and aesthetically pleasing feel.
- These sleepers are graded for landscaping including gardens, parkland, ponds, back yards, courtyards and raised beds rather than for construction purposes.
We deliver to the following areas in England, as well as all areas of Scotland, Wales + Northern Ireland.
We Supply Rapid Delivery across the following areas:
Districts: Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Luton
Districts: West Berkshire, Reading, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, Windsor and Maidenhead, Slough
City of Bristol
Districts: South Bucks, Chiltern, Wycombe, Aylesbury Vale, Borough of Milton Keynes
Districts: Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Fenland, East Cambridgeshire, Peterborough
Districts: Cheshire West & Chester, Cheshire East, Warrington, Halton
City of London
Districts: London postcodes of EC, WC & E1
Districts: Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Districts: Borough of Barrow-in-Furness, District of South Lakeland, Borough of Copeland, Borough of Allerdale, District of Eden, City of Carlisle
Districts: High Peak, Derbyshire Dales, South Derbyshire, Erewash, Amber Valley, North East Derbyshire, Chesterfield, Bolsover, Derby
Districts: Exeter, East Devon, Mid Devon, North Devon, Torridge, West Devon, South Hams, Teignbridge, Plymouth, Torbay
Districts: Weymouth and Portland, West Dorset, North Dorset, Purbeck, East Dorset, Christchurch, Bournemouth, Poole
Districts: County Durham, Hartlepool, Darlington, Stockton-on-Tees
East Riding of Yorkshire
Districts: East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull
Districts: Hastings, Rother, Wealden, Eastbourne, Lewes, Brighton & Hove
Districts: Harlow, Epping Forest, Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford, Maldon, Chelmsford, Uttlesford, Braintree, Colchester, Tendring, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea
Districts: Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Cotswold, Stroud, Forest of Dean, South Gloucestershire
Districts: Manchester, Stockport, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Wigan, Salford, Trafford
Districts: Gosport, Fareham, Winchester, Havant, East Hampshire, Hart, Rushmoor, Basingstoke and Deane, Test Valley, Eastleigh, New Forest, Southampton, Portsmouth
Districts: Three Rivers, Watford, Hertsmere, Welwyn Hatfield, Broxbourne, East Hertfordshire, Stevenage, North Hertfordshire, St Albans, Dacorum
Isle of Wight
Districts: Sevenoaks, Dartford, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling, Medway, Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Swale, Ashford, Canterbury, Shepway, Thanet, Dover
Districts: West Lancashire, Chorley, South Ribble, Fylde, Preston, Wyre, Lancaster, Ribble Valley, Pendle, Burnley, Rossendale, Hyndburn, Blackpool, Blackburn with Darwen
Districts: Charnwood, Melton, Harborough, Oadby and Wigston, Blaby, Hinckley and Bosworth, North West Leicestershire, Leicester
Districts: Lincoln, North Kesteven, South Kesteven, South Holland, Boston, East Lindsey, West Lindsey, North Lincolnshire, North East, Lincolnshire
Districts: Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, St Helens, Wirral
Districts: Norwich, South Norfolk, Great Yarmouth, Broadland, North Norfolk, King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Breckland
Districts: Selby, Borough of Harrogate, Craven, Richmondshire, Hambleton, Ryedale, Borough of Scarborough, City of York, Redcar and Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton-on-Tees south of the Tees)
Districts: South Northamptonshire, Northampton, Daventry, Wellingborough, Kettering, Corby, East Northamptonshire
Districts: Rushcliffe, Broxtowe, Ashfield, Gedling, Newark and Sherwood, Mansfield, Bassetlaw, Nottingham
Districts: Oxford, Cherwell, South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse, West Oxfordshire
Districts: Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
Districts: South Somerset, Taunton Deane, West Somerset, Sedgemoor, Mendip, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset
Districts: Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley
Districts: Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock Chase, South Staffordshire, Stafford, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire Moorlands, East Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent
Districts: Ipswich, Suffolk Coastal, Waveney, Mid Suffolk, Babergh, St Edmundsbury, Forest Heath
Districts: Spelthorne, Runnymede, Surrey Heath, Woking, Elmbridge, Guildford, Waverley, Mole Valley, Epsom and Ewell, Reigate and Banstead, Tandridge
Tyne and Wear
Districts: Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Sunderland
Districts: North Warwickshire, Nuneaton and Bedworth, Rugby, Stratford-on-Avon, Warwick
Districts: City of Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Sandwell, City of Birmingham, Solihull, City of Coventry
Districts: Worthing, Arun, Chichester, Horsham, Crawley, Mid Sussex, Adur
Districts: Leeds, Wakefield, Kirklees, Calderdale, Bradford
Districts: Wiltshire Council, Swindon
Districts: Worcester, Malvern Hills, Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Wychavon
- How to Build a Sandpit with Timber Railway Sleepers | Suregreen's Guide to Railway Sleeper Sandpits
- How to Build a Raised Garden Bed with Timber Railway Sleepers | Suregreen's Guide to Raised Beds
- How to Use Railway Sleepers in Your Garden | Suregreen's Guide to Timber Sleepers
- Preparing a Vegetable Garden for Spring | Suregreen's Guide to Vegetable Supports