For specification or trade enquiries, please contact our technical team on 01376 503869 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice, project quotes, product and specification advice, technical information, design and installation guidance and CPD seminars.
TR3 Turf Reinforcement Mesh – Light Grade
(SKU: TR3 Turf Mesh)
|Size||1m x 10m, 2m x 10m, 2m x 30m|
Features and benefits
- TR3 turf reinforcement mesh is suitable for protecting grassed areas from pedestrian and bicycle traffic
- TR3 is a permanent solution for grass reinforcement.
- Fast to install and cost-effective
- Suitable for domestic applications including lawn protection and garden usage, as well as commercial pathways and nature walks
- The mesh is laid and fixed directly to the existing surface - no soil removal or excavation required!
- Slip-resistant mesh structure which can be increased by adding a thin layer of sand on the mesh to provide increased grip and traction
- Reduces grass wear, rutting and mud caused by traffic
- Ideal for use in Source Control applications as part of a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SuDS)
Frequently bought together
|Size||1m x 10m, 2m x 10m, 2m x 30m|
Data sheets and downloadsView our Turf Reinforcement Mesh Product Data Sheet.
TR3 turf protection mesh protects and reinforces grass where rutting, grass wear and muddy areas are caused by traffic from pedestrians, bikes, wheels and dogs.
TR3 turf protection mesh helps to prevent damage by spreading loads and creating a stronger root base for the grass. This helps to retain a natural, structure-free grass cover, and the mesh will visually disappear once the grass has fully regrown after installation. TR3 has been specially designed, using carefully selected high-density plastics, to allow permanent trafficking for pedestrian and animals to grassed areas where and when this would not normally be considered.
Grass reinforced with TR3 can be used throughout the warmer seasons, and in some circumstances, occasionally in the winter months. This is subject to factors like frequency of use, nature of the soil and surface drainage. TR3 turf protection mesh is manufactured from an extruded HDPE plastic which contains a proportion of recycled plastic.
The suitability and success of using turf reinforcement mesh depends on a number of factors such as frequency of use, type of traffic, the nature of the soil and drainage. Grass reinforcement meshes are more suitable to be used on heavy clay/loam soils.
Please note that the ability to use TR mesh and its longevity are reliant on ground conditions and our installation guides being followed.
- Pedestrian grassed walkways
- Grass paths
- Lawn reinforcement
- Small dog runs/pet play areas on grassed areas
- Protection against free range chickens pecking the ground
- Rubber matting stabilisation
- Wheelchair access paths
- Play areas, under swings and around climbing frames
The principle behind how TR3 works is that the grass swards and roots intertwine with the mesh filaments to create a strong interlock/entanglement of grass with the mesh. This entanglement protects the grass from traffic wear and helps the grass spread loads more evenly. TR3 is intended to give extra strength and a footprint to the top grass surface, protecting the grass root structure and greatly minimising abrasion.
How many pins will you require?
- 2m x 30m Roll - 100 Pins
- 1m x 10m Roll - 50 Pins
Our TR3 can be used as a base for chicken runs and coops and pairs brilliantly with our:
The plastic mesh is quick and easy to install - simply roll out over existing grass and fix in place using Suregreen’s Turf U-pins.
Once the mesh has been pinned down, we advise that you allow a sufficient amount of time for the grass to grow through the mesh and take hold. It's this process of the grass taking hold of the mesh that gives it its strength. If trafficked too early, it can cause sinking, bumps or even damage. We advise not using the mesh until you have had to mow the grass at least three times.
Amount of pins required for each roll:
Turf Reinforcement Mesh 1m x 10m
50 Pins (1 Bag)
Turf Reinforcement Mesh 2m x 10m
100 Pins (2 Bags)
Turf Reinforcement Mesh 2m x 30m
150 Pins (3 Bags)