Melcourt Horticultural Sharp Sand | 20kg
Features and benefits
- Sharp sand with a nominal particle size
- Ideal for incorporating into clay soils to improve its texture and condition
- Can be used as bedding for permeable paver grids, pavers and slabs
- Mix with cement to make mortar for brick and blockwork applications
- Supplied in easy-to-handle 20kg bags
Frequently bought together
Data sheets and downloadsMelcourt Sharp Sand Technical Data Sheet
Horticultural sand is ideal for improving the drainage of seed and cuttings compost and for laying paving and patio slabs. This washed sharp sand can be added to heavier clay soils to provide aeration, aid drainage and make the soils easier to work over, or used as a top soil dressing for lawns to promote root growth and improve drainage.
Sharp sand is also excellent for bedding under/in permeable grids, pavers and slabs. It will give a clean even surface to lay the top wearing surface on to. Sharp sand can also be used, when mixed with cement to make mortar for brick and blockwork.
Melcourt Sharp Sand is land-based, meaning it has a much lower salt content than other sea-based sharp sands. This lower salt level makes it ideal for use around plants.
- Product Type: Sharp Sand
- Brand: Melcourt
- Bag Size: 20kg
- Main Constituent: Sand
- Nominal Particle Size: 0-3mm
- Washed: Yes
- Chemically Neutral: Yes
- Colour: Natural Sand
- Lime-Free: Yes
- Vegan Friendly: Yes