Pallet Packs | Half Round Fence Rails
(SKU: Half-Rounded Rails)
Features and benefits
- Half-round rails are pressure treated for a longer life
- Supplied in 1.8m and 3.6m in length
- Can be fixed to rounded posts, half-round stakes or square sawn post
- Ideal for making rounded post & rail fencing
Half-round Fence Rails are used to create attractive, strong and solid fencing for agriculture, equestrian, gardens and visitor attractions.
Machine half-rounded timber fence rails are supplied in 1.8m and 3.6m lengths. They should be nailed to round or square timber posts at 1.8m or 3.6m intervals. Depending on the size of the wooden fence, it is normal to have at least three horizontal rails. Our standard treated rails are 100mm in diameter.
Half round fence rails are green tanalised which is a pressure treatment wood preservative to prolong the life of the rail when used out in the open. Tanalising the timber half-rounded rails gives the wood long-lasting protection from fungal decay and premature rotting caused by water. The treatment gives the timber a green look initially which will fade in time.
A half-round rail fencing can be used in conjunction with wire fencing to keep smaller livestock animals in, as well as other animals/predators out. Suregreen supply a range of galvanised stock fencing, welded wire mesh fencing, hexagonal wire fencing and rabbit fencing that can be used with these rails.
- Timber Species - Spruce / Pine Mix
- Treatment - Pressure Treated. Find out more here
- Finish - Machine rounded, chamfered ends, halved
- Lengths - 1.8m & 3.66m
- Diameters - 75mm / 85mm / 100mm
- Weight - 4-10kg per rail
- Colour - Green treatment will give the timber a natural honey colouring.
- Machine round rails may contain splits and cracks. This is natural for a machine rounded product and will not affect the performance of the rail. Please contact our customer care team if you have any concerns.