- Standard Vigilis Tree SheltersNot yet reviewed£1.33 £1.11
- Vented Vigilis Tree SheltersNot yet reviewed£1.50 £1.25
- Standard Vigilis Tree Shelter Packs with StakesNot yet reviewed£144.21 £120.17
- Vented Vigilis Tree Shelter Packs with StakesNot yet reviewed£177.10 £147.58
- Shrub SheltersNot yet reviewed
- Spiral Tree SheltersNot yet reviewed£0.39 £0.32
- Spiral Tree Shelter Packs with CanesNot yet reviewed£39.22 £32.68
- Defender Pro Tree and Shrub SheltersNot yet reviewed£1.28 £1.07
- Defender Tree Shelter Packs with StakesNot yet reviewed£112.59 £93.82
We have a range of tree protection shelters and guards that will protect newly planted saplings and young trees from browsing animals such as rabbits, hare and deer. This range includes plastic mesh tree guards for tree species that require ventilation through to twin-walled tree shelters that provide a sheltered microclimate for the tree to grow. Tree shelters have been proven to improve the survival rates of trees, as well as the time it takes for them to reach maturity where they will no longer require protection.
All of Suregreen tree shelters share some very important and useful properties. They are manufactured from UV-stabilised plastic which is photodegradable, ensuring that after approximately 5-7 years of service the shelters begin to break down without damaging the plant or exposing chemicals into the soil. They are constructed with twin-walls to improve the strength of the tubes, helping to prevent animals from breaking the shelter when brushing up against them. The shelters also have flared upper rims to reduce the abrasion of the tree stem.
Suregreen standard tree shelters benefit the young tree in many ways. The shelters not only protect the tree from browsing animals, chemicals and harsh winds but also helps to promote quick, strong growth. The shelter provides a microclimate around the tree which creates a small greenhouse effect within the tube, helping to promote healthy growth. The shelter also helps to keep moisture within the tube which reduces the risk of the tree becoming water-starved. Shrub shelters offer all the same benefits as the standard tree shelters but are shorter and wider, allowing the shrub to grow naturally outward instead of encouraging the plant to grow up.
Suregreen vented tree shelters have many of the same benefits as the premium shelter, but due to the small holes in the tube, the microclimate effect is reduced and allows the wind to pass through. Acting similar to a windbreak, the winds speed is reduced and the shelter ensures it does not damage the tree. Another benefit is that the shelter allows enough wind through to help the tree develop stronger roots.