Standard Vigilis Tree Shelters / Guards
(SKU: Standard Tree Shelters)
Features and benefits
- Manufactured from UV-stabilised photodegradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths to be absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV-stabilised to provide an estimated lifespan of 5-7 years (please note this can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
Vigilis tree shelter tubes are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tubes with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion. They provide a micro-climate for trees, help them to develop stronger roots, and provide protection from browsing animals. Our Vigilis treeguards can be used in a variety of applications including forestry, landscaping and on road verges.
The primary purpose of our tree shelters is to protect the tree from rabbits, hares, muntjac deer, roe deer, fallow deer, red deer and much more. The micro-climate provided for trees results in a stronger initial establishment and a much higher tree survival rate. These micro-climatic conditions also help to increase air moisture within the tree shelter tube which can reduce water stress, ensuring the tree can last longer during drought conditions.
Vigilis tree shelters come with pre-fitted releasable tree ties (cable ties) for fixing to timber tree stakes:
- 1 releasable tree tie for the 60cm tube
- 2 releasable tree ties for the 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m tubes
The polypropylene twin-walled tree protection tubes are solid and provide protection from herbicides so that areas around them can be sprayed to deter weed growth.
Which tree shelter do you need?
- Rabbits: 0.6m
- Hares: 0.75m
- Muntjac deer: 1.2m
- Fallow deer: 1.5m
Benefits for plants
- Increased growth due to the micro-climate inside of shelter (“greenhouse effect”)
- Improved survival rates
- Protection against animals and mechanical damage
- Protection against herbicides
- Accelerated plant growth helps to advance the first harvesting
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem
- Contributes to natural pruning at the full length of the shelter, permitting top-quality timber formation - this shelter is specially recommended for forestry use
- Quick and easy installation
We strongly suggest that a high-quality tree stake is used to install the standard tree shelter. We have a range of treated softwood stakes from 25mm thick up to 32mm thick, and in heights from 75cm to 1.8m from stock.
Our Tree Shelters are perfect to use with our:
- Heights: 60cm, 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m
- Diameters: 76mm, 85mm, 92mm, 99mm & 105mm
- 1 reusable tree tie for the 60cm tube
- 2 reusable tree ties for the 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m tubes
- Colour: green