- Standard delivery between 2 to 5 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber & concrete orders require 2 people to assist offloading, without two people present the delivery can be declined and a re-delivery fee charged.
TR4 Turf reinforcement mesh allows permanent trafficking by pedestrians, dogs, bikes and wheelchairs on grassed areas where and when this would not normally be considered. TR4 reinforcement mesh is also used for slope stabilisation to allow grass or vegetation to become established.
TR4 turf reinforcement mesh is invisible once the grass grows through and helps provide a protective layer to reduce grass wear, rutting and damage. The mesh works by interlocking with the natural intertwining roots of the grass therefore spreading loads and creating a stronger base. TR4 turf reinforcement meshes allow the use of the reinforced grass throughout the warmer seasons and occasionally in the winter months in some special circumstances, subject to factors like frequency of use, type of traffic, nature of soil and the surface drainage.
TR4 Turf Reinforcement mesh is a 660g/m² green plastic mesh manufactured from part-recycled HDPE plastics and coloured green and are designed to provide many solutions to pedestrian access and prevent worn and rutted grass areas from occurring when traffic causes wear.
- Frequently used pedestrian grassed walkways / areas
- Frequently used grass paths
- Lawn reinforcement
- Slope soil stabilisation
- Large dog run grassed areas / pet play areas
- Allows regular movement of wheelbarrows over grass
- Wheelchair grassed access paths
- Play areas, under swings, around climbing frames
The plastic mesh is quick and easy to install, simple roll out over existing grass and fix in place using Suregreen’s Turf U-pins. Once the mesh has been pinned down we advise that you allow a sufficient amount of time for the grass to grow through the mesh and take hold, it is this process of the grass taking hold of the mesh that gives it its strength. If trafficked to early it can cause sinking, bumps or even damage, we advise not using the mesh until you have had to mow the grass at least once.
The suitability and success of using turf reinforcement mesh depends on a number of factors like frequency of use, type of traffic, nature of soil and drainage. Grass reinforcement meshes are more suitable to be used on heavy clay / loam soils.
Please note that the ability to use TR mesh and its longevity are reliant on ground conditions and our installation guides being followed.
Features & benefits:
- Turf reinforcement mesh is suitable for protecting grassed areas from pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- Turf protection mesh is permanent solution for grass reinforcement.
- Fast to install, cost effective and suitable for lawn protection, garden usage