- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
SKU: Greenfix Geojute
Greenfix GeoJute is a lightweight yet effective biodegradable net used for vegetation establishment and the prevention of soil erosion. It is particularly effective for freshly cut or exposed slopes and is easy to install – simply unroll down the slope that needs to be protected.
The flexibility and drape of these erosion control blankets means they mould closely to the undulations and contours of the soil slope, helping them to provide a high degree of soil retention.
GeoJute is an economical option that will biodegrade completely at the end of its lifecycle (typically one season), adding to the organic content of the soil. After sufficient time has passed, the natural vegetation will have established and will protect the soil from future erosion.
Typical applications include:
- Newly cut slopes
- Top soiling on slopes
- Landfill cappings
- Watercourse lining
- Soil reinforcement
- Sediment entrapment
- Sand dune stabilisation
GeoJute is provided in rolls and available in two grades:
- 250gsm matting roll, 1.22m x 68.5m
- 500gsm matting roll, 1.22m x 68.5m
- Fully biodegradable
- Created from sustainable and unbleached jute fibre
- Holds up to five times its own weight in water
- Will typically degrade in one season
- Used where short-term protection is required
- Provided in rolls and available in two different grades – 250gsm and 500gsm
Features & benefits:
- Easy to handle and install – simply unroll down the slope that needs to be protected or where vegetation needs to be established
- Flexible material which will mould itself closely to contours of the land
- Biodegrades completely at the end of its lifecycle, adding organic matter to the soil
- Effective for freshly cut or exposed slopes
- Holds five times its own weight in water