Railway Sleeper Bundle | 2.4m x 100mm x 200mm | Green Treated | 24 Pack + Screws + Driver
|Sleeper size||2.4m x 100mm x 200mm|
|Lifespan||8 - 10 years|
Features and benefits
- High-quality 2.4m railway sleepers made from sustainably sourced softwood timber (available in FSC®-certified)
- Cost-effective alternative to oak or other hardwood railway sleepers, ideal for raised beds and borders
- UC3 green pressure treated to offer an expected lifespan of around 8 to 10 years, providing protection against rot and decay
- Craned delivery available in all locations in the South East of England - nationwide delivery also available using our pallet network partner
- Bundle includes a 50 pack of 150mm Hex head screws and Hex Socket Driver Bit
Frequently bought together
Data sheets and downloads
Softwood railway sleepers are large, sawn cut rectangle sleepers that have been pressure treated with a green preservative to extend its life outdoors. This treatment process ensures a deep penetration of the wood preservative into the timber cells of the railway sleepers, giving these softwood sleepers an expected lifespan of around 8 to 10 years.
The tanalised railway sleepers have a light brown colouration initially which will fade to a honey brown and finally to a silvery grey over time when exposed to the sun. However, if you would prefer, these sleepers can be easily stained to suit your aesthetics with our Barrettine Wood Protective Treatment. It is also advised that this treatment is applied if the railway sleepers are cut - using a circular saw, chainsaw or handsaw - as newly exposed cut surfaces will otherwise be exposed.
Available in our most popular size, 2.4m x 200mm x 100mm, these railway sleepers are perfect for use in conjunction with our 1.2m sleepers to create rectangular raised beds. To fix the sleepers together, we recommend using railway sleeper screws, angle brackets and connector plates. They can also be used for a variety of other landscaping and applications, with softwood sleepers being most popular for gardening.
Timber Species: Spruce / Pine Mix
Sustainably Sourced: Yes
FSC-Certified: Available (Licence Code: FSC-C167899)
PEFC-Certified: Available (Certificate No. INT-PEFC/COC-002242)
Treatment: Green Pressure Treated
Finish: Rough Sawn
Size: 2.4m x 200mm x 100mm +/- 5mm
Weight: 25-30kg per sleeper
Grading: Landscaping Use
N.B: Sleepers will turn a silvery grey as they age. To maintain colour, we suggest using a stain or preservative annually.
Due to the nature of the product, each sleeper is unique and colour variations, splits, wanes and knots are to be expected. Please report any issues to our customer care team as soon as possible upon delivery.