MOT Type 1 limestone is used commonly as a sub-base for paths, drives, patios, and many other construction jobs. MOT Type 1 is used to provide long term stability and support so the wearing coat on the surface will not buckle or deform. MOT Type 1 is very angular in shape and so after compaction the particles will lock and key to each other. MOT Type 1 is very favoured because after compaction a very even surface can often be achieved.
The main uses of MOT Type 1 are:
- As a subbase for many applications including driveways, paths and garden buildings.
- As a filling product in construction
- Supplied in 800kg bulk bags (nominal weight)
- Colours: white to grey
- Usage Conversion: one bulk Bag will cover 20m2 x 20mm deep
- As it is a blend the colour may vary slightly
Features & benefits:
- Often a cheap way of making temporary roadways or paths
- Will generally give a flat surface even after compaction
- Will not over compact when trafficked by pedestrians or cars