- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
Half-round Fence Rails are used to create attractive, strong and solid fencing for agriculture, equestrian, gardens and visitor attractions.
Machine half-rounded timber fence rails are supplied in 1.8m and 3.6m lengths. They should be nailed to round or square timber posts at 1.8m or 3.6m intervals. Depending on the size of the wooden fence, it is normal to have at least three horizontal rails. Our standard treated rails are 100mm in diameter.
Half round fence rails are green tanalised which is a pressure treatment wood preservative to prolong the life of the rail when used out in the open. Tanalising the timber half-rounded rails gives the wood long-lasting protection from fungal decay and premature rotting caused by water. The treatment gives the timber a green look initially which will fade in time.
A half-round rail fencing can be used in conjunction with wire fencing to keep smaller livestock animals in, as well as other animals/predators out. Suregreen supply a range of galvanised stock fencing, welded wire mesh fencing, hexagonal wire fencing and rabbit fencing that can be used with these rails.
Suregreen's rounded wood stakes are tanalised, which is a wood preservative treatment which is done under high vacuum pressure. Tanalising the timber ensures a deep penetration of the wood preservative into the timber cells for long-lasting protection against fungal decay, insect attack and rotting caused by water for up to 25 years. The treated wooden posts have a green colouration initially which will fade to a honey brown and finally to a silver grey. Suregreen stakes are all tanalised, using preservatives including Osmose AC 500.
Our timber fencing rails are ideal to use with our:
- Green tanalised treated wood, a pressure treatment that is soaked deep into the wood to protect it from damp and rot
- Available in two different lengths - 1.8m and 3.6m
Features & benefits:
- Half-round rails are pressure treated for a longer life
- Supplied in 1.8m and 3.6m in length
- Rails have a 100mm diameter with flat, square sawn ends
- Can be fixed to rounded posts, half-round stakes or square swan post