- Standard delivery between 2 to 5 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber & concrete orders require 2 people to assist offloading, without two people present the delivery can be declined and a re-delivery fee charged.
SKU: GR10 | Grass Reinforcement Mesh
GR10 grass reinforcement mesh provides strong, permanent protection by reinforcing existing grass areas against traffic damage from small vehicles and pedestrians. This light-grade 10mm mesh has been designed to withstand occasional parking and heavy pedestrian traffic. GR10 GrassProtecta Lite mesh has been specially designed to allow quick and maximum grass entanglement, giving good structure and encouraging the mesh to visually disappear into the grass after regrowth.
The plastic mesh has also been designed with an oscillated structure providing enhanced anti-slip properties whilst retaining the necessary resistance to damaging traffic movements.
Like all Suregreen ground reinforcement solutions, GR10 GrassProtecta Lite grass reinforcement mesh is compliant for SuDS Source Control (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems)
• Domestic car parking requirements
• Infrequently used overflow grass car parks
• Allowing off-road parking on grass verges
• Disabled (DDA) wheelchair access routes and paths
• Access to grass areas normally closed off to trafficking
How many pins will you require?
• 1m x 10m Roll - 50 Pins
• 2m x 20m Roll - 150 Pins
GR10 GrassProtecta Lite grass reinforcement mesh is quick and easy to install - simply roll out over the existing grass and fix in place using Suregreen’s Premium U-pins. Once the mesh has been pinned down, we advise that you allow a sufficient amount of time for the grass to grow through the mesh and take hold. It's this process of the grass taking hold of the mesh that gives it strength. If trafficked too early, it can cause sinking, bumps or even damage. We advise not using the mesh until you have had to mow the grass at least once.
The suitability and success of using grass reinforcement mesh depends on a number of factors including the frequency of use, type of traffic, nature of the soil and drainage. Grass reinforcement mesh is more suitable to be used on heavy clay/loam soils. Please note that the load-bearing capacity and other specifications stated are reliant on ground conditions and our installation guides being followed. We ask that you consult one of our technical team before purchasing if you are concerned about any of the information stated.
Features & benefits:
• Grass reinforcement for small vehicles on stable ground
• Grass protection mesh is ideal for permanent applications
• Fast to install, cost-effective and suitable for domestic driveways or infrequent commercial parking needs
• Mesh is laid and fixed directly to the existing surface - no soil removal or excavation required!
• Slip-resistant mesh structure - this slip resistance can also be improved by adding a thin layer of sand on the mesh to provide increased grip and traction
• Prevents grass wear, rutting and mud caused by cars and traffic
• An environmentally conscious alternative to impermeable paved surfaces
• Allows for a natural grassed traffic route where planning restrictions are applied or where cost savings are being considered
• Ideal for use in Source Control applications as part of a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SuDS)