- Standard delivery between 2 to 4 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
Suregreen Chicken wire is a galvanised steel fencing mesh for garden, horticulture and agriculture applications. Sometimes referred to as hexagonal wire mesh due to the distinctive shapes of the holes. The galvanised wire netting is protected against the elements as is suitable for outdoor applications such as chicken coops, rabbit runs, garden fencing, deer fencing and fruit cages.
The metal chicken wire netting is manufactured from steel wire that is galvanised with using a hot-dipped zinc coating that provides the metal with a corrosion resistant surface that is designed not to rust. This treatment insures the fencing will not only have a longer life but will also maintain its metallic grey colour finish.
We offer a range of different lengths, heights, holes sizes and wire thicknesses throughout a chicken wire range, we also offer the majority of our roll sizes in a green PVC coated finish, please contact us our visit our PVC chicken wire page to see our full range.
Our chicken wire is supplied in two different wire gauges 20 and 22 gauge, this means the wire is 0.9mm and 0.7mm thick, which is the standard for most chicken wire. We do also have some slightly heavier gauged wire in our largest 1.8m high rolls, this wire is 19 gauge (1mm) thick.
Typical applications include:
- Chicken coops
- Rabbit runs
- Garden fencing
- Deer control fence mesh
- Treeguards/Protecting trees from browsing animals
- Chicken runs or poultry fencing
- Anti-slip wire for decking and steps
- Plastering and render support
- Insulation support between joists
The wire is galvanised before twisting, this helps protect the wire from the elements. However please bear in mind that any cuts made in to the steel may rust where the new metal is exposed
Features & benefits:
- Provided as a roll for easier transport ‚Äì simply unroll and cut as required
- Supplied in 20 gauge (0.9mm thick) and 22 gauge (0.7mm)
- Hot-dipped galvanised protective coating - covered in a zinc coating to protect from rust and corrosion
- Hexagonal aperture available in 25mm or 50mm