Barrettine Wood Preserver Treatment is a high-quality, low odour oil/Spirit wood preservative which is deep penetrating. Barrettine wood preserver is used for wood protection against wood destroying fungi (wet rot), wood discolouring fungi and wood boring insects.
Provides a semi-transparent matt/satin finish allowing the natural wood texture to be visible. Can be used on pressure treated wood, treated timber or untreated wood. Suitable for rough, sawn or smooth timber, does not require over sealing for wood protection.
No subsequent top coat product required unless for aesthetic purposes. For outdoor use and also for use on windows/frames, external doors/frames (internal & external sections). The Barrettine clear wood preserver can also be used on structural timbers in unoccupied areas such as floor joists.
The colour swatches are an indication only and representative of the product applied to clean new/pale timber. The final colour finish can vary considerably due to the age, type & condition of the timber being treated and will darken with multiple coats. Viewing colours on multiple digital screens can vary considerably and may not be totally accurate. We always recommend carrying out a small inconspicuous test area first. It is the Customer/end users responsibility to satisfy themselves that the colour finish is correct before full application.
- Best Results: 2-3 Coats
- Drying Time: 12 hours under normal conditions (20°C/65% rel. humidity).
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellent coatings such as paint or varnish. (remove and sand down as required).
- Brush, dip, roller or spray in suitable conditions. (When used outdoors make sure weather conditions are dry and still)
- Coverage: 180ml per m2 or1 litre to 5-6 sq metres.
Can be sprayed using an airless sprayer such as a Wagner or Graco ideally using a minimum 1mm flat fan tip nozzle (9 – 11 thou tip).
The sprayer must be thoroughly cleaned after application with white spirit and then oiled to protect the tip and moving parts (as per manufacturer’s instructions). This product cannot be sprayed with a traditional pump action garden sprayer.
Colours avaliable in-
- Holly Green
- Dark Brown
- Golden Brown
- Light Brown
- 1 Litre
- 5 Litres
Features & benefits:
- High level, long lasting protection & preservation
- Drying times: 12 hours under normal conditions
- Approved under COPR/ BPR
- Harmless to pets & plants once dried
- Oil/ solvent based for deeper penetration
- Lower odour
- Suitable for rough, sawn or smooth timber, does not require over sealing
- UV fade resistant colour pigments
- Mainly for external applications but some Internal. (refer to internal and external information on the back of the tin/container)