- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
SKU: Premium Shelters and Stakes
Suregreen tree shelter tubes and stake packs are great value for money and off the customer everything they will need to install and effectively use our tree shelters.
The shelters themselves are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tubes with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion. They provide a micro-climate for trees, help them to develop stronger roots, and provide protection from browsing animals. Treeguards can be used in a variety of applications including forestry, landscaping and on road verges.
The primary purpose of our tree shelters is to protect the tree from rabbits, hares, muntjac deer, roe deer, fallow deer, red deer and much more. The micro-climate provided for trees results in a stronger initial establishment and a much higher tree survival rate. These micro-climatic conditions also help to increase air moisture within the tree shelter tube which can reduce water stress, ensuring the tree can last longer during drought conditions.
Our tree shelters come with pre-fitted releasable tree ties (cable ties) for fixing to the timber tree stakes supplied. The polypropylene twin-walled tree protection tubes are solid and provide protection from herbicides so that areas around them can be sprayed to deter weed growth.
Which tree shelter do you need?
- Rabbits: 0.6m
- Hares: 0.75m
- Muntjac deer: 1.2m
- Fallow deer: 1.5m
Benefits for plants
- Increased growth due to the micro-climate inside of shelter (“greenhouse effect”)
- Improved survival rates
- Protection against animals and mechanical damage
- Protection against herbicides
- Accelerated plant growth helps to advance the first harvesting
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem due to the flared top rim
- Contributes to natural pruning at the full length of the shelter, permitting top-quality timber formation - this shelter is specially recommended for forestry use
- Quick and easy installation
What comes in the pack:
- 60cm Shelters
- 100 x 60cm Shelters and 100 x 75cm Stakes
- 250 x 60cm Shelters and 250 x 75cm Stakes
- 500 x 60cm Shelters and 500 x 75cm Stakes
- 75cm Shelters
- 100 x 75cm Shelters and 100 x 90cm Stakes
- 250 x 75cm Shelters and 250 x 90cm Stakes
- 500 x 75cm Shelters and 500 x 90cm Stakes
- 1.2m Shelters
- 100 x 1.2m Shelters and 100 x 1.5m Stakes
- 250 x 1.2m Shelters and 250 x 1.5m Stakes
- 500 x 1.2m Shelters and 500 x 1.5m Stakes
- 1.5m Shelters
- 100 x 1.5m Shelters and 100 x 1.8m Stakes
- 250 x 1.5m Shelters and 250 x 1.8m Stakes
- 500 x 1.5m Shelters and 500 x 1.8m Stakes
- Tree Shelters Heights: 60cm, 75cm, 1.2m, and 1.5m
- Tree Shelters Diameters: 76mm, 85mm, 92mm and 99mm
- Wooden Stake Heights: 75cm, 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m
- Wooden Stakes Diamter -
- 90cm and Under the diameter is 25mm
- 1.5m and over the diameter is 32mm
- The shelters have 1 reusable tree tie for the 60cm tube and 2 tree ties for 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m
Features & benefits:
- The plastic shelters are manufactured from UV-stabilised photodegradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths to be absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV-stabilised to provide an estimated lifespan of 5-7 years (please note this can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
- The tree stakes are manufactured from sawn softwood that has been tanalised treated to protect the wood from damp and rot.