Walk-in fruit and vegetable cages provide a simple but effective solution for crop protection requirements. They are extra-large cages made up of strong 25mm powder-coated square section aluminium tubing in 2m lengths, meaning that a 2m high cage can be 2, 4, 6 or even 8m long. All tubing can be cut using a hacksaw to make fruit cages of any size. This is then covered in our anti-bird netting.
Walk-in fruit and vegetable cages are perfect for the garden, allotment or smallholding. The cage incorporates steel-reinforced joints to ensure a sturdy structure which can be easily modified, allowing it to cover different sized plots and plants as the seasons dictate. They can also be supplied with a useful door kit where fruit cages are heavily used and accessed.
Each fruit cage pack listed is supplied with the correct amount of aluminium poles, connecting Build-a-Balls, anti-bird netting and netting ground fixing pegs.
When to Sow, Plant & Harvest:
Looking to grow your own vegetables but struggling to know when to sow, plant and harvest? Luckily for you, we've put together an easy-to-follow, FREE vegetable planting calendar that you can download or print off at your own leisure. Click here to check it out!
- Walk-in cages have 20mm holes
- Manufactured from high quality aluminium
- 25mm powder coated aluminium box section frame
- Mesh is made from strong woven plastic
- Push fit reinforced joints
Features & benefits:
- Fruit cages are simple and quick to build, no tools required
- Strong, resilient, modular and reusable
- Cages include tubing, spikes, balls, bird netting and ground pegs
- Unique multi-hole attachment balls allow cage to be extended, expanded and modified to almost any configuration
- High quality aluminium tubes and weather proof components will last for years
- Push fit, steel reinforced joints.
- Ideal for allotments and large gardens
- Suitable for growing most fruit & veg