Melcourt Topsoil™ Blended Loam | 20L
Features and benefits
- High-quality top soil consisting of sandy loam and organic matter
- Fine, virtually stone free, consistent texture and easy to handle
- Fully compliant with BS 3882:2015 ‘Multipurpose Grade’
- Conforms to National House Builders’ Federation (NHBF) warranty requirements
- 100% peat-free and chemical free
- Available in handy 20L bags
Frequently bought together
Data sheets and downloads
Melcourt Topsoil Blended Loam is a carefully manufactured, high-quality soil, consisting of sandy loam and organic matter, fully conforming to BS 3882:2015 ‘Multipurpose Grade’. As a fine textured, free-flowing, easy to handle and virtually stone free soil, this top soil is ideal for both domestic and professional use. It is easily spread using simple tools and extremely cost effective, free from peat and chemicals.
To calculate the quantities of bagged topsoil you need, use our Compost Calculator.
Check out our guide on How to Use Melcourt Topsoil Blended Loam.
N.B: Topsoil Blended Loam is derived from prime arable soils which can contain annual weed seeds. The natural fertility within the soil will encourage good plant and weed growth, particularly during warm, wet weather. The control of weeds is particularly important during the early stage of weed seedling growth – otherwise they will grow and compete with planted material. Any weeds, particularly Fat Hen can easily be removed by hand, by hoeing or chemical spraying. Alternatively, the use of a bark mulch will considerably reduce the germination of any weed seeds.
- Product Type: Topsoil Blended Loam
- Brand: Melcourt
- Bag Size: 20L
- Peat-Free: Yes
- RHS-Endorsed: Yes
- Main Constituents: Soil, Green Compost
- Texture: Sandy Loam
- Nominal Particle Size: 0-20mm
- Bulk Density: 900-1200kg/m³
- Organic Matter: 4-9%
- pH: 7.0-8.2
- British Standard: BS 3882:2015 ‘Multipurpose Grade’
- Suitable for Vegans: Yes
- Made in the UK: Yes