Barrettine Wood Protective treatment is perfect for rough sawn or smooth timber. To ensure you get the most out of this product you will need to make sure that your wood is treated, dry and free from any dirt or substances. It contains a film that is a biocide preserver to preserve the growth of algae and mould. Oil/ spirit is used for greater penetration within the wood. Regular treatments gives excellent water repellency.
Barrettine’s Wood Protector is an ideal treatment for outdoor Treated timber structures such as Sheds, Fences, Trellis, Pergola and timber Gazeboes. As a wood sealer it provides excellent water repellency/beading. Oil / Spirit based for deeper penetration leaving a transparent/translucent finish colour effect to wood, where the grain texture is still visible. Available in a range of colours and clear, see colour swatch below. (Not ideal for decking or garden furniture structures as rub resistance may not be sufficient).
Can be sprayed with a traditional pump action Garden style sprayer with viton seals. Protective treatment can also be sprayed using an airless sprayer (Wagner or Graco type) ideally using a minimum 1mm flat fan tip nozzle (9 – 11 thou tip). The sprayer must be thoroughly cleaned after application with white spirit and then oiled to protect the tip and moving parts (as per manufacturer’s instructions)
Please call the sales team and if we do not offer a colour list on the colour chart.
The colour swatches are an indication only and representative of the product applied to clean new/pale timber. The final colour finish can vary considerably due to the age, type & condition of the timber being treated and will darken with multiple coats. Viewing colours on multiple digital screens can vary considerably and may not be totally accurate. We always recommend carrying out a small inconspicuous test area first. It is the Customer/end users responsibility to satisfy themselves that the colour finish is correct before full application.
- Coverage: 1 litre to 6 sq metres.
- Drying times: 24-48 hours
- Best results: recommend 2-3 coats
- The final colour finish can vary considerably due to the age, type & condition of the timber being treated. We always recommend carrying out a test area first in an inconspicuous area to make sure you are happy with the final dried colour.
- Always read the label before use.
- Golden Brown
- Light Brown
- Dark Brown
- Holly Green
- 2.5 Litres
- 5 Litres
Features & benefits:
- Most Suitable for most external pretreated timbers (please refer to tin)
- Contains film biocide preserver to prevent mould/ algae
- Excellent resistant against colour fading
- High level & Long lasting protection against harmful substances
- Harmless to plants and pets when dry
- Oil/solvent based for deeper penetration.
- Low odour ready to use formulation.