- Standard delivery between 2 to 5 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber & concrete orders require 2 people to assist offloading, without two people present the delivery can be declined and a re-delivery fee charged.
SKU: Vented Shelter Packs
Vigilis vented tree shelter tubes and stake packs are great value for money and off the customer everything they will need to install and effectively use our tree shelters.
Ventilated tree shelter tubes are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tree shelters with perforated holes for the top two-thirds of the tube. These vents provide an added benefit by helping the tree to develop stronger roots and aids trunk development by allowing them to adjust to the natural wind-rock of the area.
These shelters are designed for more exposed planting sites where there is a large contrast between external conditions and the conditions within the tree tube. The ventilated top half acclimatises the tree to potential harsh winds and the environment which aids trunk and root development. On the bottom third of the tube, the twin wall protects the tree from the use of herbicides being sprayed in the surrounding area.
These shelters have a primary purpose of protecting the tree from damage from browsing animals including rabbits, hares, muntjac deer, roe deer, fallow deer, red deer and many more. Ventilated tree shelters can be used in forestry, landscaping, on road verges and for many other applications.
Which tree shelter do you need?
- Rabbits: 0.6m
- Hares: 0.75m
- Muntjac deer: 1.2m
- Fallow deer: 1.5
Benefits for plants
- Stronger root and trunk development compared to standard shelters - ideal for use in windy/exposed sites
- Protection against browsing animals including rabbits, hare and deer
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem due to the flared top rim
- Quick and easy installation
What comes in the pack:
- 60cm Shelters
- 100 x 60cm Shelters and 100 x 75cm Stakes
- 250 x 60cm Shelters and 250 x 75cm Stakes
- 500 x 60cm Shelters and 500 x 75cm Stakes
- 75cm Shelters
- 100 x 75cm Shelters and 100 x 1.2m Stakes
- 250 x 75cm Shelters and 250 x 1.2m Stakes
- 500 x 75cm Shelters and 500 x 1.2m Stakes
- 1.2m Shelters
- 100 x 1.2m Shelters and 100 x 1.5m Stakes
- 250 x 1.2m Shelters and 250 x 1.5m Stakes
- 500 x 1.2m Shelters and 500 x 1.5m Stakes
- 1.5m Shelters
- 100 x 1.5m Shelters and 100 x 1.8m Stakes
- 250 x 1.5m Shelters and 250 x 1.8m Stakes
- 500 x 1.5m Shelters and 500 x 1.8m Stakes
- Tree Shelters Heights: 60cm, 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m
- Tree Shelters Diameters: 76mm, 85mm, 92mm and 99mm
- Wooden Stake Heights: 75cm, 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m
- Wooden Stakes Diamter -
- 90cm and Under the diameter is 25mm
- 1.5m and over the diameter is 32mm
- The shelters have 1 reusable tree tie for the 60cm tube and 2 tree ties for 75cm, 1.2m and 1.5m
Features & benefits:
- Manufactured from UV-stabilised and photodegradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Ventilation at the top end of the shelter
- Microclimate provided for the bottom third of the tree shelter
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths are absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV Stabilised to provide an estimated lifespan of 5-7 years (please note this can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
- The tree stakes are manufactured from sawn softwood that has been tanalised treated to protect the wood from damp and rot.