Truckgrid-Max Heavy Duty Permeable Paver
Introduction to Truckgrid Max
Introduction to Truckgrid MaxX
Suregreen Truckgrid Max permeable paving can, as the name suggests can be used to create a reinforced surface able to withstand frequent very heavyweight vehicle movements. The types of traffic would include HGV trucks, forklifts, dustcarts, dray Lorries, oil tankers and fire engines.
Suregreen Truckgrid is made entirely from recycled industrial waste plastics, including recycled bottles to polythene sheeting. The grid is made in a unique way that allows these plastics that would normally end up in a land fill to be reused in a beneficial way. The Truckgrid Max can be installed with a gravel or grass finish whilst still maintaining a strong reinforced, free draining surface.
The product is often used in rural as well as urban situations, this is because the Truckgrid Max is permeable and does not create water runoff and therefore eliminates the need for extra drainage. In rural applications it is often installed with a grass fill and would typically be used as access roads for windfarms, pumping & relay stations, solar farms and all weather heavy use for agricultural roadways and turning areas. In urban applications it is commonly installed with either a gravel or grass and in locations where you require both a free draining surface and a surface able to withstand the movements of heavyweight vehicles or appliances that inflict a lot of weight. Typical projects have been access roads, container parking, coach parks, builder merchant yards, emergency routes and very busy parking and movement areas.
Suregreen Truckgrid Max permeable grid has been tested to DIN 1072, DIN EN 1999 & DIN 1055-100. These tests are for wheel loadings, compression and regularity of the size and density of the Suregreen Truckgrid Max.
Suregreen Truckgrid Max is suitable to be used as part of SuDS - the latest government guidelines regarding flood prevention. The grid is made to allow full permeability and so not extra create water runoff. This can really help to reduce the overall costs of projects as generally extra drainage is kept to a bare minimum, if needed at all, as the water is allowed to naturally permeate away.
Specifier & Trade Enquiries
Specifier & Trade EnquiriesX
Specifier and Trade Enquiries - Ground Reinforcement Products
Suregreen offer a wide range of ground reinforcement solutions, including Grass Reinforcement Mesh, Permeable Pavers, Geotextile rolls and more.
- Project Quotes
- Product and Specification Advice
- Technical Information, Design and Installation Guidance
- CPD Seminars
- Next working day delivery available on all orders
- Click and Collect within 60 minutes
- No-hassle 30 day returns policy
Truckgrid-Max permeable paving grids are our thickest, heaviest and most robust ground reinforcement solution. Truckgrid-Max can be installed to have a grass or gravel finish and provides a free-draining permeable pavement surface that is SuDs source control compliant (Sustainable Urban Drainage System).
Truckgrid-Max porous pavers are designed as a direct replacement for concrete permeable paving and negate the heavy loads and dynamic forces imposed by heavyweight vehicles. These can be used for a range of purposes including HGV, vans and lorry access roads, loading bays, fork-lift areas, coach parks, bus lanes, fire access route and car parks.
Truckgrid-Max has been manufactured using 100% recycled plastics that have the qualities required for a strong, long-lasting, stable surface ideal for the designed traffic load.
- Intensive-use car parks
- Truck, van and lorry parks
- Bus and coach parks
- Emergency service access roads
- Retail and warehouse loading bays
- Driveways where access to lorry access may be required
- Truckgrid-Max pavers will provide a hard-wearing stabilised ground surface that is robust, permeable and free draining
It can be finished with either gravel or grass. The gravel should be 5mm to 10mm mixed sharp angular aggregate. Please see our installation and design guidance documents for further information.
Features & Benefits:
- Each grid is 600mm x 400mm x 80mm. 4.17 grids make 1sqm
- 80mm thick pavers with the ability to withstand movements and loadings of cars, vans, trucks, dustcarts, cranes, cherry pickers and forklifts.
- Made from 100% recycled plastics that are UV-stabilised.
- Open cell structure for optimum permeability.
- Can be finished with either grass or gravel.
- A lightweight alternative to concrete pavers that are easier to install and handle, but still offer the same loading capabilities and strength.
- Paver profile that allows use in most weather conditions, allowing expansion on warmer days or in direct sunlight to stop lifting. The plastic will also cope with cold temperatures where other plastic pavers may become fragile.
- Plastic grass paving grids which are chemically inert, non-toxic and rot-free.
- Designed to meet the demands laid down by local government regarding flood alleviation and SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems) requirements.
Key Specifications: Our full key specification sheet is available in the Technical Guide section above. You can also visit the Technical Area of our website.
Load bearing capacity: 20-tonne axle loads
Compatible vehicle types: Bicycles, wheelchairs, golf carts, cars, caravans, transit vans, 3.5T and 7.5T vans, fire engines, ambulances, 2 axle lorries, coaches, artic lorries and forklifts.
Suggested gravel size (for gravel finish): 5mm to 10mm angular gravel
Suggested soil type (for grass finish): Rootzone soil
Paver connection method: Male/female paver edges
Please note that the load-bearing capacity and other specifications stated are reliant on ground conditions and our installation guides being followed. We ask that you consult one of our technical team before purchasing if you are concerned about any of the information stated.
We provide two complete installation guides for grass or gravel finishes that can be found above in the Technical Guide section above as well as in the Technical Area of our website.
If you have any further questions that are not answered on our website, please get in contact with us and our Ground Reinforcement experts will be happy to answer them.