- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
Ventilated tree shelters from Suregreen provide a micro-climate for trees and protection against browsing animals, with the added benefit on ventilation at the top which is ideal for producing stronger roots and trunk development.
Ventilated treeshelter tubes are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tree shelters with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion and are designed for more exposed planting sites where there is a large contrast between external conditions and conditions within the tree tube. The ventilated top half acclimatises the tree to potential harsh winds and the environment by improving the trunk and root development. The primary purpose of the treeshelter is to protect against browsing animals including rabbits, hares, muntjac deer, roe deer, fallow deer and red deer. The twin wall tube also provides a micro-climate on the bottom third and allows the use of herbicides to be sprayed. Ventilated tree shelters can be used in forestry, landscaping and on road verges.
Like our standard tree shelters, Ventilated treeguard tubes come with pre-fitted releasable tree ties (cable ties) for fixing to timber tree stakes.
Which Tree Shelter do you need?
- Rabbits - 0.6m
- Hares - 0.75m
- Muntjac Deer - 1.2m
- Fallow Deer - 1.5m
- Red Deer - 1.8m
Benefits for plants:
- Stronger root and trunk development compared to standard shelters for xxposed/windy sites
- Protection against browsing animals including rabbits, hare and deer
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem due to flared top rim
- Quick and easy installation
We strongly suggest that a high quality timber tree stake is used to install the ventilated tree shelter. Suregreen provide a range of treated softwood tree stakes from 25mm thick up to 32mm thick in heights from 75mm to 1.5m from stock. Click below for further details.
- Heights: 0.6m, 0.75m, 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m
- Tube diameters: 75mm, 82mm, 89mm, 95mm & 103mm
- Tree Ties: 1 tie for 60cm / 2 tree ties for 0.75m and 1.2m
- Colour: Green
Features & benefits:
- Manufactured from UV stabilised photo degradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Ventilation at the top end of the shelter
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths are absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV Stabilised to provide a estimated life span of 5-7 years (can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)