Standard Tree Shelter - 1.2m
Features and benefits
- Manufactured from UV stabilised photo degradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths to be¬†absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV¬†Stabilised to provide a estimated life span of 5-7 years (can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
Tree shelter tubes provide a micro-climate for trees and protection against browsing animals. Standard treeshelters are rigid, twin-walled, cylindrical tube with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion.
Standard tree shelters primary purpose is to protect the tree from browsing animals including rabbits, hares, muntjac deer, roe deer, fallow deer and red deer. The twin wall tube also provides a micro-climate for trees which results in stronger initial establishment and higher tree survival rates. Tree shelter tubes allow the planting of smaller trees and will ultimately produce trees with stronger roots which will benefit the tree in the future. The tree tubes micro-climatic conditions help to increase air moisture within the treeshelter which can reduce water stress ensuring the tree can last longer in drought conditions. Treeguards can be used in forestry, landscaping and on road verges. Standard tree shelters come with pre-fitted releasable tree ties (cable ties) for fixing to timber tree stakes. The polypropylene twin-walled tree protection tubes are solid and so provide protection from herbicides, so area around them can be sprayed to deter weed growth.
Which Tree Shelter do you need?
- Rabbits - 0.6m
- Hares - 0.75m
- Muntjac Deer - 1.2m
- Fallow Deer - 1.5m
- Red Deer - 1.8
Benefits for plants
- Increased growth due to the micro-climate inside of shelter (“greenhouse-effect”)
- Improved survival rates
- Protection against animals and mechanical damage
- Protection against herbicides
- Accelerated plant growth permits to advance the first harvesting
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem due to flared top rim
- Contributes to natural pruning at full length of the shelter permitting top-quality timber formation - this shelter is specially recommended for Forestry use
- Quick and easy installation
We strongly suggest that a high quality tree stake is used to install the standard tree shelter. Suregreen provide a range of treated softwood stakes from 25mm thick up to 32mm thick in heights from 75mm to 1.8m from stock.
- Heights: 0.6m, 0.75m, 1.2m