Tree Shelter and Stake Packs
Suregreen's standard tree shelters supplied with the correct size tree stake. Treeshelters give young saplings protection from browsing animals like rabbits, hare, muntjac, roe, fallow and red deer.
Standard treeshelters are rigid cylindrical tubes with a flared upper rim to limit bark abrasion and are manufactued from a twin-wall polypropylene plastic that provides a micro-climate for trees. Tree shelters allow the planting of smaller trees and will ultimately produce trees with stronger roots which will benefit the tree in the future.
Shelters are supplied with pre-fitted releasable tree ties (cable ties) for fixing to the supplied softwood tree stakes. 60cm shelters come with one tree tie, while the 75cm, 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m treeshelters are supplied with two fitted cable ties.
Which Tree Shelter do you need?
- Rabbits - 0.6m
- Hares - 0.75m
- Muntjac Deer - 1.2m
- Fallow Deer - 1.5m
- Red Deer - 1.8m
- Heights: 0.6m, 0.75m, 1.2m, 1.5m and 1.8m
- Tube diameters: 75mm, 82mm, 89mm, 95mm & 103mm
- Tree Ties: 1 tie for 60cm / 2 tree ties for 0.75m and 1.2m
- Colour: Green
Tree Shelter features:
- Manufactured from UV stabilised photo degradable polypropylene
- Twin-wall tube construction
- Flared upper rim to minimise stem bark abrasion
- Pre-fitted with releasable tree ties
- Green colour allows the correct balance of light wavelengths are absorbed by the tree - a process called photomorphogenesis
- UV Stabilised to provide a estimated life span of 5-7 years (can vary depending on location, climate and site conditions)
BENEFITS FOR PLANTS
- Increased growth due to the micro-climate inside of shelter (“greenhouse-effect”)
- Improved survival rates
- Protection against animals and mechanical damage
- Protection against herbicides
- Accelerated plant growth permits to advance the first harvesting
- Better localisation of the plant at the early stage of plantations in strongly weeded areas
- Avoids abrasive damage on stem due to flared top rim
- Contributes to natural pruning at full length of the shelter permitting top-quality timber formation - this shelter is specially recommended for Forestry use
- Quick and easy installation
60cm shelters are supplied with a 75cm (25x25mm) square sawn stake, 75cm shelters with a 90cm (25x25mm) stake, 1.2m shelters with a 1.2m (32x32mm) stake, 1.5m with a 1.5m (32x32mm) stake and 1.8m tubes with a 1.8m stake (32x32mm). All tree stakes are pressure treated.
* Please note that shelters are supplied in mixed size diameters from 75mm to 103mm. If you order in multiple of 5 shelters you will receive all sizes equally. If you order less than 5 shelters, we will supply any of the diameters. The same applies to the products nested in 4's.