Knitted green windbreak netting is a monofilament fencing netting or flat tape and filament knitted netting. Manufactured from HDPE plastic filaments, these knitted windbreaks are extremely strong and are designed to reduce wind speeds and provide protection for plants, crops and gardens from wind, rain and drifting snow.
Both the 40% and 50% monofilament windbreak netting is supplied with fixing eyelets at the top and bottom of each roll. The windbreak fencing netting can easily be fixed to timber posts, straining line wire, cladding and other systems to produce a very strong and effective windbreak.
Knitted HDPE windbreaks are very tough and durable and suitable for many uses including:
- Temporary and permanent fencing to protect from wind, rain and drifting snow
- Livestock screening
- Protection to plants, crops and gardens
- Farm barn ends, side vents and backdrops
- Crop cover
- Dust control
Our monofilament windbreak system is tough and extremely durable and designed to reduce wind speeds up to 50%. Available in roll heights of 1m, 1.5m, 2m and 3m on 50m rolls. The knitted netting is UV stabilised and weighs 100g/m². Loktex 55% shade netting is a premium windbreak / shade netting that has a thin polythene tape stitched into it, producing a higher wind speed reduction and shading. percentage and weighs 90g/m². It is available in a 4ft (1.22m) width.
- Ideal for protecting crops, container grown nursery stock, field crops, allotments and gardens
- Windbreak fences provides immediate wind protection
- Windbreaks should face the prevailing wind, or not less than 50%.
- Knitted monofilament windbreak netting and shade netting should be fixed to posts facing the wind
- Eyelets are provided for fixing and straining wire fixing
Suregreen also supply knitted shade nettings and extruded plastic mesh windbreaks.
Download our Data sheet below