GR14 Grass Reinforcement Mesh - Heavy
GR14 grass reinforcement mesh is a heavy-grade 14mm thick plastic mesh for reinforcing and protecting grass where permanent trafficking of cars and vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes is required, helping to reduce grass wear, rutting and damage.
SUREGREEN GR14 grass reinforcement mesh achieves this by reinforcing and providing protection to existing grass areas against traffic damage from cars, trucks, lorries and pedestrians. The plastic mesh protects the grass, limiting vehicles from wearing away the grass cover, protecting the grass root and reducing rutting.
SUREGREEN GR14 grass reinforcement meshes will allow prolonged summer and winter use subject to factors like frequency of use, type of traffic, nature of soil and drainage. Applications include parking on a daily basis and access to areas closed off in the colder, wetter months. GR14 reinforcement mesh is more suitable to be used on heavy clay / loam soils.
- Daily car parking requirements
- Overflow grass car parks
- Allowing off road parking on grass verges
- Disabled (DDA) wheelchair access routes and paths
- Access to grass areas normally closed off to trafficking
- Minimising damage to highly trafficked grassed areas like builders compounds
- Temporary grass access routes
- Equestrian issues like poaching and rutting at paddock gateways, walkways and feeding rings
- Compliant for SuDS Source Control (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems)
SUREGREEN GR14 grass reinforcement meshes have been specially designed to allow quick and maximum grass entanglement, giving structure and encouraging the mesh to disappear into the grass. The plastic mesh has also been designed with an oscillated structure providing enhanced anti-slip properties whilst retaining the necessary resistance to damaging traffic movements.
Installing GR14 grass reinforcement meshes is normally easy and trouble free. The plastic mesh is laid onto the existing grass and fixed in place using steel fixing U-Pins available from Suregreen. If installed correctly and not used inappropriately, the expected lifetime of the GR14 grass reinforcement mesh should be at least 10 to 20 years. The plastic mesh is UV stabilised, rot proof and once in place the mesh will not degrade.For full installation, please click on the INSTALLATION tab.
SUREGREEN GR14 meshes can be installed for immediate use for temporary applications. These would include grass access routes for dumper trucks and builder compounds. Although not having the full working capacity of an integrated mesh, the effects of trafficking will be greatly minimised.
SUREGREEN GR14 is a fully permeable solution and as can be used as part of a source control system within a Sustainable Urban Drainage System Solution (SUDS). The natural drainage of the land is unaffected as is the natural ecology of the soils by the mesh.
fEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Grass reinforcement for vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes on stable ground
- Grass protection mesh is ideal for permanent applications
- Fast to install, cost effective and suitable for homeowners and landscapers
- Mesh is laid and fixed directly to existing surface. No soil removal or excavation required
- Slip resistant mesh structure
- Reduces grass wear, rutting and mud caused by cars and traffic
- Available in 2x20m, 2x10m and 1x10m rolls
GR14 grass reinforcement mesh provides a permeable, reinforced grass solution for traffic (cars, trucks, cycles and pedestrians) and can be used in Source Control applications as part of a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS). Creating a permeable paving solution, GR14 grass reinforcement mesh provides an environmental alternative to impermeable paved surfaces where natural grassed traffic routes and driveways are preferred and where planning restrictions are applied or cost savings are being considered.
It is important that that when installed, grass protection mesh is fixed securely to the ground using our steel fixing u-pins. We recommend the following amount of u-pins per product size:
|Roll Size||Initial Roll (Number of Pins)||Subsequent Rolls (Number of Pins)|
|2m x 20m||200 pins (4 bags of 50)||150 pins (3 bags of 50)|
|2m x 10m||150 pins (3 bags of 50)||100 pins (2 bags of 50)|
|1m x 10m||100 pins (2 bags of 50)||50 pins (1 bag of 50)|