- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
Weed mats are small individual mats that are placed around the bottom of trees providing protection from weeds for that individual tree. We supply two different types of mats standard polythene mats and a woven polypropylene mat, both have an inbuilt split line to fit around the base of a tree. The weed mats are supplied in packs of 100 and the standard Polythene mats are 50cm x 50cm and the woven Polypropylene mats are 60cm x 60cm however both of these are available in larger sizes and on rolls, please contact us directly for more information.
Standard Polythene mats:
These are the most economical mats we offer, they provide very good protection from weeds from a minimum of 2 years. These mats are not water permeable and although they block the weeds growing from below they do also stop water and nutrients passing in to the soil.
Woven Polypropylene mats:
These are the most popular mats we offer, these offer the same amount of protection against weeds as the standard mats but with the added benefit of allowing water and nutrients to pass through. This allows the tree to receive water more efficiently and reduces water stress on the tree, these mats also have a longer life expectancy of 5 years. The mats are U.V. stabilised and is made from 300mu (1200 gauge) and weighs 100gms/m². Light transmission is 0.5% and water permeability is 9 litres/m²/sec.
- Standard Polythene mats are very economical and provide great protection from weeds however these mats do not allow water or nutrients through it.
- Woven Polypropylene mats offer much of the same protection as the standard mats but with the added benefit of allowing water and nutrients to pass through.
- Supplied in packs of 100 individual mats
Features & benefits:
- Quick and easy to install