- Standard delivery between 2 to 5 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber & concrete orders require 2 people to assist offloading, without two people present the delivery can be declined and a re-delivery fee charged.
Shingle, also known as Pea Shingle/Gravel is mainly used for bedding of drainage and piping systems, also can be used as a decorative aggregate for garden landscaping, paths & driveways. Mixed with water & sharp sand will produce a fine concrete.
The shingle can also be used as a fill in permeable grids like the Suregreen 40 on a shed or outhouse to form a stable base. Shingle is also suitable for aquariums and ponds although it would need washing first. This low-maintenance gravel is a natural product and will lighten up any gardening or landscaping feature. The chippings will reflect a hot sun keeping the soils moist and so reduce overheating of the soils and so improve plant growth. The Shingle will also inhibit weed and moss growth.
N B Aggregates are natural products and some variations may occur due to geological and processing variations. The bulk bags are stored outside in the open elements so occasionally may need hosing down once laid to show their natural colour.
Popular uses include:-
- Infill for Plastic Permeable Paving for shed bases
- Garden borders and flowerbeds
- Dressing rockeries
- Top coating for potted plants
- Around ponds and water features (please wash before use for this purpose)
- Supplied in 800kg bulk bags
- Colour – mixed tans, white & black
- As it is a natural product the colour & chipping size may vary
Features & benefits:
- Natural product
- Reduces moisture loss around plants
- Easy to apply
- Friendly to animals
- Very good in reducing drainage issues
- Low maintenance
- Works especially well with outside lighting