- Delivery between 2 to 4 days once your order has been placed.
- Click & Collect available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber orders require 2 people to assist offloading
SKU: Fruit Cage
Suregreen's Build-It Fruit and Vegetable Cages are an essential tool for the vegetable gardener. Ideal for gardens, allotments and smallholdings, they provide a convenient and flexible system for protecting fruit and vegetables from pest attack, particularly birds and butterflies. Our fruit and vegetable protection cages are quick and simple to install and dismantle when the growing season is over.
We offer three different styles of fruit and vegetable cages:
- Our anti-bird range, with a netting aperture of 20mm
- Our anti-butterfly range, with a netting aperture of 7mm
- Our walk-in cages, which consist of anti-bird netting
Our anti-bird and butterfly cages are made up of 1m or 1.25m aluminium tube lengths and use the famous multi-hole Build-a-Ball connector to join the tubes horizontally and vertically. These are then covered in our netting. Build-a-Ball connectors make it easy to create fruit and vegetable cages of almost any size and shape to protect fruits like strawberries, raspberries, currants and a full range of newly planted vegetables and crops.
Walk-in fruit and vegetable cages provide a simple but effective solution for crop protection requirements. They are extra-large cages made up of strong 25mm powder-coated square section aluminium tubing in 2m lengths, meaning that a 2m high cage can be 2, 4, 6 or even 8m long. All tubing can be cut using a hacksaw to make fruit cages of any size. This is then covered in our anti-bird netting.
Walk-in fruit and vegetable cages are perfect for the garden, allotment or smallholding. The cage incorporates steel-reinforced joints to ensure a sturdy structure which can be easily modified, allowing it to cover different sized plots and plants as the seasons dictate. They can also be supplied with a useful door kit where fruit cages are heavily used and accessed.
Each fruit cage pack listed is supplied with the correct amount of aluminium poles, connecting Build-a-Balls, anti-bird netting and netting ground fixing pegs.
- Anti-bird cages have 20mm aperture netting
- Anti-butterfly have 7mm holes
- Walk-in cages have 20mm holes
- Manufactured from high quality aluminium
- Mesh is made from strong woven plastic
Features & benefits:
- Fruit cages are simple and quick to build, no tools required
- Cages include tubing, spikes, balls, bird netting and ground pegs
- Strong, resilient, modular and reusable.
- Unique multi-hole attachment balls allow cage to be extended, expanded and modified to almost any configuration
- High quality aluminium tubes and weather proof components will last for years
- Push fit, steel reinforced joints.