- Standard delivery between 2 to 5 working days.
- Collection from Essex available
- 30 day returns policy
PLEASE NOTE: Timber & concrete orders require 2 people to assist offloading, without two people present the delivery can be declined and a re-delivery fee charged.
Frequently bought together
****Not Available For Collection****
Brown Treated Sofwood Railway Sleepers are designed for low maintenance, easy install, long lasting practicle and decorative uses in Gardens and Outdoor Spaces.
They are Pressure Treated in order to protect against Rot and Decay, and will last up to 15 years, probably more. The Sleepers are bathed in the Tanalith Chemical (which is safe for Domestic Applications) which is then Pressure Driven into the Sap Wood Cells (these are the soft exterior parts of a tree trunk) which would normally be susceptible to disease and rot from Insects + Fungi. They are then left to dry before being ready for the next stage of their life - with you! These sleepers are freshly sawn, and can be cut with a circular saw, chainsaw or handsaw, but will need to have preservative painted onto any exposed ends.
Perfect for a DIY Project including the following uses:
- Raised Beds for Planting Vegetables, Herbs + Flowers
- Walkways, Paths & Driveways
- Lawn & Border Edging
- Sandpit construction for Children (or Adults!)
- Terraces & Pergolas
- Upright Solid Fencing
- Garden Decoration and Furniture, including Tables, Benches, Chairs and Outdoor Seating
- Retaining Walls
- Parterres, Pavers & Patios
We wouldn't advertise these Sleepers for such a use, without professional advice, however we know that our Sleepers have been used to create a SWIMMING POOL also!
Our softwood sleepers pair brilliantly with our:
- Brown Tanalised Treated Softwoods (including Pine, Spruce + Larch) from Northern Europe where the Cold Winters ensure the Quality of Timber is Strong and High Grade.
- Please note these are very large and sizes may vary from those stated by up to 10mm
- Please note, sleepers may be affected in transit/with the courier. Spray paint can be present (we ask this is avoided) on one side of the sleeper. This shouldn't affect the usage of the product - if a side has spray paint, this can be used in a way where the paint is covered/out of sight. We will not replace any sleepers in such a condition - as we cannot guarantee they will be any different.
- Any concerns on the condition of sleepers should be communicated with us ASAP - please DO NOT accept the delivery if you are unable to use the product as planned - they will be returned to us.
- As these Softwood Sleepers are a natural product, waney edges, splits, large splinters and a variety of shades are to be expected. They are full of character and give an environment a rustic but authentic and aesthetically pleasing feel.
- These sleepers are graded for landscaping including gardens, parkland, ponds, back yards, courtyards and raised beds rather than for construction purposes.
Features & benefits:
- Cost Effective alternative to Oak or Hardwood Products
- Pressure Treated using Tanalith for a Long Life in all conditions
- Free Collection or Rapid Nationwide Delivery
- Smart Brown Colour to Immediately Blend in with Garden Shades