This document was last updated on 18th April 2018.
We would advise users to familiarise themselves with this document, and be aware that it will be updated from time to time.
www.sure-green.com (the “Website”).
We do occasionally update this Policy so please return and review this Policy from time to time.
Information we collect
In running and operating this Website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below:
- information that you provide when you choose to register or fill in forms on the Website (including, without limitation, information provided when requesting further information, products or services, completing a survey for our research purposes, or when you report a problem with the Website). This information may include personal information (including name, company and contact details) and information regarding your personal or professional interests, experiences with our products and services and contact preferences;
- if you order products or services on the Website, we may keep details of your order and any resultant transactions;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information contained therein;
- details of your visits to our site (including, without limitation, traffic data, location data and other communication data) and the resources that you access, and
- statistical information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and making improvements to our Website.
Your rightsYour rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed of how we are using personal data.
- The right of access: to know exactly what information is held you them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification: to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: to have your personal suppressed without the need for a specific reason as to why you wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing: to block or suppress processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: to transfer and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- The right to object: in certain circumstances, you are entitled to object to your personal data being used. For example, if we use your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling: safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you feel your rights have been significantly breached, or if you have already contacted us to rectify a situation and not had a satisfactory resolution. Visit their website www.ico.org.uk for more information.
Types of Cookies that we may useStrictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features. Examples of these include: remembering your purchases and placing them in the shopping basket before placing your order, keeping you logged in, and more.
Note: you will not be able to use the shopping cart facility unless cookies are enabled.
These cookies collect statistical information about how visitors use our Website. They help us to improve how our Website functions.
By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. All browsers have the functionality to allow users to block cookies from specific sites or to block cookies from all sites, as well as allowing the user to delete all cookies from their hard drive. Please refer to your browser’s help facility.
Use of your informationThe information we collect is used for our own use in developing our Website. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our Website, products or our services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual obligations to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our Website.
Finally, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about goods and services which we consider are likely to be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, then please instruct us by email email@example.com or telephone us on 01376 503 869, or write to us at Suregreen, 2 Croft Way, Eastways Industrial Estate, Witham, Essex, CM8 2FB.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. (See our security of customers’ data policy below for more information).
We have a strict retention period in place for how long we will keep your personal data active. If there is no meaningful contact within 6 years, we will deactivate your record. Our database is swept once a month at a minimum.
Security of customers’ data: policy and procedure
- All of our customers’ full contact details are stored only on our internal databases, which can be accessed only by Suregreen employees.
- Suregreen gives customers the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing information. Your information is then kept in a secure suppression list. All post mailing is screened for Suregreen by suppliers against official mail and fax preference lists.
- Suregreen maintains anti-virus software on both server and all individual PCs.
Credit card dataSuregreen Ltd offers customers the opportunity to pay for products by credit/debit card, either at the point of sale via our Website or via telephone.
All credit card payments are made via SagePay using their secure systems. Only specially authorised SagePay staff will have access to cardholder details. At no point is cardholder data held or kept by Suregreen staff.
No cardholder data details are held electronically by Suregreen.
Disclosing your informationWe may disclose your personal information to any member of our group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- To TrustPilot, who collect independent reviews of our products and services.
- To our email marketing platform, MailChimp, in order to communicate with you.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud reduction and minimise credit risks.
Third party links
You may find links to third party Websites on our Website. These Websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or contents whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
All individuals have the right to access personal information that is held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. This process will be completed without undue delay, and we will let you know at the time of request how long we may take to provide this information to you. Please contact us if you wish to make such a request.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us to the address set out above or call our office. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.