Porous Grass Paver
Suregreen's recycled plastic porous grass paver is used for pavements, drives, access roads, car parks, overflow parking, car park bays and cycle paths where a free draining naturally grassed permeable pavement is required. The porous paving grid system provides over 150 tonnes of support per m². The grass pavers open cell structure is ideal for allowing grass roots to spread from cell to cell, allowing vertical and horizontal passage of water / drainage and the flow of nutrients. These benefits provide a great growing environment for grass with the ground stabilisation that the plastic porous paver gives to the grasses structure.
Manufactured from 100% recycled HDPE plastic, Suregreen's grass paver is supplied per sqm. Each square metre is made up of 4 plastic paving grids, each being 500mm x 500mm in size. The grass pavers cells are 40mm deep, and the paver has the added benefit of a 25mm gound spike which helps resist lateral movement caused by repetitive traffic. Suregreen's plastic grass paver grids are the perfect option for a free draining, SUDS source control compliant permeable paving solutions. The plastic grass paver provides the grass with the structural integrity that is required to cope with stabilising the ground for pedestrains, cars, vans, trucks, lorries, coaches and buses.
- Overflow grass car parks
- Grass Driveways
- Emergency Fire Lanes / Fire Engine roads
- Light aircraft taxi-ways
- Pedestrian paths
- Cycle / Bike tracks / paths
- Wheelchair / Disabled Access Routes (DDA)
- Golf Buggy / Trolley Paths
- SUDS Source Control schemes
Suregreen grass pavers / ground reinforcement paving grids simply connect together securely. Suregreen's grass pavers should be constructed onto an excavated and prepared sub-base, a minimum of 100mm thick and up to 475mm depending on the subgrade CBR rating and the regularity and weight of load (475mm thick would be for HGV and Fire Truck access). The stone sub-base be a permeable / porous reduced fines, free draining angular stone in the region of 10mm to 50mm. A vibrating whacker plate should be used to consolidate this sub-base stone. A layer of geotexile should be laid over the sub-base stone to seperate the fine soil/sand rootzone above. The nonwoven geotextile will prevent fine material penetrating, but will allow water to filter through. A minimum 50mm bedding layer of rootzone soil (sand:compost mixture in the ratio of 60:40 mix) should be placed as the bedding layer. The grass paver grids can then be laid. Time should be taken to ensure grids are laid level and connect correctly. The grass pavers can then be filled with the soil rootzone mix, taking care not to overfill the pavers. Seed can be appl;ied a small top dressing of soil can be applied to aid germination of grass. Full full installation details, please click on the Installation tab above.
features and benefits
- Suregreen PP65 porous grass paver has an open cell structure allowing unrestricted healthy grass root growth
- SuDS source control compliant
- Attractive paving solution with a natural grass surface
- The grass will hide most of the paver
- 25mm ground spikes resist lateral forces caused by vehicles
- Fast and easy to install
- Grass pavers are permanent and Long lasting
- Manufactured from 100% recycled plastics, UV Stabilised
- Plastic grass paving grids are chemically inert, non-toxic and rot free
- An eco-friendly, sustainable paving solution for trafficked areas (cars, vans, lorries)
- Grass Pavers are used extensively for grass drives, overflow grass car parks and grass parking bays.
Please note that with all installations of grass pavers, we strongly recommend that all areas should have sufficient drainage prior to the installation. Failure to ensure this may result in the product not performing as intended.
Plastic pavers are strong, chemically inert & non-toxic, enabling them to provide a durable, safe & sustainable eco-friendly surface for trafficked areas.
Product Discussion and Reviews
Like this product? Found it useful? Please leave a comment below and click the Star button on the right!
comments powered by Disqus